Saturday, December 17, 2011

First blog

I'm starting a blog as an exercise in...um...ability to stay organized and on-task. And also because it's Saturday morning, I have nothing to do, and basically the entire country is just waiting for Christmas to arrive because not a thing else is happening this time of year. So, as an attempt to entertain myself until the holidays are over (when I'll probably forget this blog even exists), I'm writing brief, boring snippets about my quite dull life in quite dull central Pennsylvania.

Last night someone told me the local YMCA is building an ice skating rink - the Y is about half a mile away from my front door, and the next rink is about thirty miles away - and then, after I'd gotten really excited and started to plan my entire winter, she said, "But they're not renting skates."

Um, what? They're not renting skates? How many families do you know who own fitting skates for the whole family? And how are they going to make any money if no one is renting skates from them? A big group of my best friends is coming out for New Year's, and we always go ice-skating, and it would have been so great if we'd been able to take them to a rink not even a mile away, and yet we'll still have to drive the thirty miles because the Y's rink is so half-baked.

That's the biggest problem in my life at the moment, believe it or not. I did say my life is quite dull - it tends to be when you live in a dull place - and so the possibility of anyone actually reading this blog is quite slim. And I have terrible organizational skills and I never do things on time, so posts will be few and far between.

In January rehearsals are starting for Beauty and the Beast, so from the 4th to March 3rd I will have about five  minutes of spare time every day, which I probably won't be using for blogging. Watch as this blog sinks into the oblivion of the Internet which no one ever looks at.

No comments:

Post a Comment